The Chip Merchant’s PCI DSS compliance consulting services help San Diego businesses become PCI DSS compliant.
Listed below are the 12 PCI DSS requirements that must be met to achieve PCI DSS compliance.
The 12 Requirements as Defined by the PCI Security Standards Council
- Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data.
- Do not use vendor supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
- Protect stored cardholder data.
- Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks.
- Use and regularly update anti-virus software on all systems commonly affected by malware.
- Develop and maintain secure systems and applications.
- Restrict access to cardholder data to people with a need-to-know only.
- Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access.
- Restrict physical access to cardholder data.
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data.
- Regularly test security systems and processes.
- Maintain a policy that addresses information security.