The idea of moving your website to a new host may seem scary, especially if it’s your company website. Your website serves as your digital storefront, and having it go down will disrupt the line of communication between you and your clients.
It’s not very often that site owners want to switch web hosting providers, but perhaps you’ve had nothing but issues with your current host or simply found a host that offers a better bang for your buck.
Whatever the case may be, The Chip Merchant can help you transfer your website to your new host with minimal – or no – downtime. We can move all of your website files, images, stylesheets and databases from your current host to your new one.
Steps We Take to Move Your Website
- Evaluate your website: We will review your website to see what needs to be moved over to the new web hosting provider.
- Create a backup of your current website: We will download all of your website files, images and related databases from your current web hosting provider.
- Upload your website to your new web hosting provider: All of your website files, images & databases downloaded from your old host will be uploaded to the new one.
- Update your domain DNS: Once everything has been transferred to the new host, you will need point your domain to the new name servers.
- Test your website: We will test your website to make sure everything is in order after everything has been transferred and updated to point to the new web host.
Contact us if you need help moving your website to a new web host.